PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] (Possibly) Thrillseeking

EventHorizon
02-20-2007, 01:24 PM
So, this may or may not be a bug. However, every time I've thrillsought in the last couple of days every monster is exactly one level higher than me and has exactly 5 + 10*level hitpoints. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but on classic, the thrillseeking monsters range from zero to ten points above what their level suggests, and I've seen between my level and two or three above my level. I may have even had one where it was below my level. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but I thought I'd mention it. Currently I'm level 12 and I also encountered this at level 10 and 11.
Cheers. - EH

Furion
02-20-2007, 05:29 PM
This is not exactly right, but basically the way it works is that forest creatures (spoiler -->) are given the same number of points as you have allocated to Attack, Defense, and HP, and then those points are allocated randomly to the monster's Attack, Defense, and HP. Therefore, monsters just one level higher than you can have much more HP than you if you have lots of DK points in PVP categories (and of course they would have lower attack and defense than they would otherwise). I have 80 DKs and regularly see monsters with 80+ more life than me.

EventHorizon
02-20-2007, 06:28 PM
That still doesn't explain it. (And I have no DK's on DragonPrime.) The fact is their HP should still vary by as much as 10 in addition to what their level entitles them to. In this case, they always have 5 HP more than their level entitles them to. Never more, never less. They are always one level greater than me. Never more never less. I'm pretty sure that they should range from my level or one lower to two or three above my level. We're talking perhaps 100 fights. There ought to be some variation.
Cheers. - EH

TheWatcher
02-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Well, I just encountered a monster 2 levels above mine while thrillseeking. So that actually *can* occur (or it was fixed recently). I'll hold an eye out for the hitpoints though.

Elessa
02-23-2007, 07:05 PM
after reading eventhorizon's post i became curious.

while playtesting i encountered a creature one above my level, as well as one below while looking for a fight.

i encountered creatures one and two levels above me while thrillseeking.

Lauri
02-25-2007, 07:33 AM
Both TheWatcher and Elessa's observations are correct.

I know they're working on battle code, but I have never seen mention that the odds have been altered in any fashion, and since they weren't broke, I have to assume they haven't been touched. At one point I believe JT added "number of previous dragon kills" into that mix that Furion correctly mentioned, so while you're on zero, you're seeing the short end of the randomness pool. It will widen as you progress.