PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Dag Durnick

Phira
03-17-2007, 12:40 PM
After completing a special bounty quest thingy-ma-jig, I went back to see Dag. He keeps pointing me back to the forest, but there's nothing there. I don't have an option to seek out whatever beast I killed because I killed it. But I can't get another special bounty because he keeps on pointing to the forest. Pretty annoying. I am pretty sure that this must be a bug, since I can't figure out what else it could be. Thanks!

EDIT: This problem is on the DragonPrime server.

Talisman
03-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Do you recall which quest you last completed?

kickme
03-17-2007, 02:29 PM
He keeps pointing me back to the forest.

That means that you aren't doing a quest.
If you just fought the manticore, you get your reward right after killing it, not from Dag, so you wouldn't be on a quest.

Phira
03-17-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm not sure, although it may have been the minotaur. I do know that it was a 1-turn special bounty. I did complete it a few days ago, but when I go back to Durnick, he just points me back to the forest. I can't get another special bounty at this point, which is odd. Last time I did a 1-turn quest, I could get another special bounty afterwards after bringing in the beast's head, I think. But now it seems that he thinks I'm still on a special bounty or something. If I am, I had no idea. I killed the stupid thing, and there's no Search option underneath the merc camp for me to actually do the special bounty that he thinks I'm on.

Talisman
03-17-2007, 04:48 PM
There are only 3 (I think) special bounties available, and they're only available at certain levels. It's possible that you're in between available quests due to your current level.

Edit: After checking the settings and your level, the reason Dag didn't have any further bounties for ye was because you didn't qualify by level. This is expected behaviour, and not a bug.

Phira
03-17-2007, 06:51 PM
All right, I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know!

Shiqra
03-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Aye - he is pointing ye to the forest to go get somemore experience! He is a wee bit more tactful (or obtuse, depending on how you look at it) than your master.

Phira
03-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Ah, now I get it, haha. I'm a little dense sometimes when it comes to clues. I thought he was pointing me to the forest because I hadn't completed the special bounty. See, if he had just been a little more clear with me . . .

X-Kal
03-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Things won't be exactly the same for this, by the way; I haven't figured out ALL the rules myself. I've figured out, for example, that there are certain times where you can die during the bandits mission, then resurrect (or wait for New Day) and still be allowed to finish it, but other times where the bandits completely vanish. If you mess up one mission, or if you refuse to take one, the next one might not show up for awhile, if at all.

Experiment with it ;)

Talisman
03-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Not to mention that it will vary between servers, due to settings.